There will be some grumbling from the supporters about the performance, but Arsenal won last night and the Champions League is very much a bottom-line competition. Three points is three points, and here are the away team’s statistics:
- Aaron Ramsey had 94 touches of the ball, ten more than any other Arsenal player.
- Alexis Sanchez led the side with 4 shots.
- No visiting player hit the target more than once.
- Nacho Monreal completed 98.3% of his passes, more than any other starting Arsenal player.
- Per Mertesacker won a team-high 3 aerial-duels.
- Kieran Gibbs attempted 9 tackles, more than any other player.
- Gibbs also made twice as many interceptions as any of his teammates (4).
- Nacho Monreal made twice as many defensive-clearances as any other Arsenal player (6).
- Santi Cazorla attempted twice as many crosses as any of his teammates (6).
- Cazorla and Sanchez each completed a team-high 2 crosses.
- Aaron Ramsey attempted (10) and completed (7) more long-passes than any other visiting player.
- Jack Wilshere completed twice as many successful dribbles as any other player (4).
- Wilshere and Danny Welbeck were each fouled 3 times, a team-high.
- No Arsenal player was caught-offside.
- Kieran Gibbs was the most-dispossessed Arsenal player (4).
Latest for Squawka: Why Saido Berahino shouldn’t be rushed into the England squad.