Arsenal looked far more fluid today than they have done in weeks and, although the scoreline was probably a little harsh on Everton, they progressed through to the next round relatively easily in the end.
Here are the stats from The Emirates:
- Mikel Arteta had 82 touches of the ball, the most in the game.
- Santi Cazorla and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain each had 4 shots, a game-high.
- Mesut Ozil created over twice as many goal-scoring opportunities as any other player (5).
- Mikel Arteta completed 92% of his passes, more than any other starting player.
- Thomas Vermaelen won more aerial-duels than any other player (4).
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain made 5 successful tackles, a game-high.
- Oxlade-Chamberlain also made 4 interceptions, more than any other player.
- Per Mertesacker led the game with 12 defensive-clearances.
- Mesut Ozil attempted (11) and completed (3) more crosses than any other player.
- Thomas Vermaelen attempted (9) and completed (7) more long-passes than any other player.
- Mesut Ozil was the game’s most-fouled player (4).
- Romelu Lukaku and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain each completed 2 successful dribbles, a game-high.