There’s no value in patronising Arsenal and referring to their performance in Germany tonight as ‘plucky’, but they did give a good account of themselves and exited the Champions League gracefully.
Here are their stats from the Allianz Arena:
- Bacary Sagna had 60 touches of the ball, a team-high.
- Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud each had 2 shots, Arsenal’s most.
- Lukas Podolski, Tomas Rosicky, and Mesut Ozil each created 1 goal-scoring opportunity for Arsenal.
- Per Mertesacker completed a team-high 90% of his passes.
- Bacary Sagna won 5 aerial duels, more than any other Arsenal player.
- Mikel Arteta led his side with 5 successful tackles.
- Per Mertesacker made 3 interceptions, a team-high.
- Mertesacker also made 11 defensive-clearances, more than any of his teammates.
- Lukas Podolski attempted more crosses than any other Arsenal player (5).
- Tomas Rosicky and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain each completed 3 long-passes, a team-high.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain completed 10 dribbles, the most in the game.
- Oxlade-Chamberlain was his side’s most-fouled player (5).
- Oxlade-Chamebrlain was also Arsenal’s most-dispossessed player (5).