Galatasaray certainly have enough individual talent to warrant respect at Stamford Bridge this evening, but with an away-goal already in their possession it’s difficult to see anything other than a Chelsea progression tonight.
Here are their leaders in various statistical categories from the competition so far:
- Branislav Ivanovic is the only player to have started all the Champions League games (7).
- Fernando Torres is top-scorer with 3 goals, while three players (Eto’o, Ba, and Ramires have each scored twice.
- Oscar has provided the most assists (3).
- Ramires and John Obi Mikel have each been booked a team-high 2 times.
- Andre Schurrle averages 2.2 shots per game, more than any other Chelsea player.
- Of the regular starters (three games or more), John Obi Mikel has completed the highest percentage of passes (93.2%).
- Branislav Ivanovic is winning an average of 5 aerial-duels per game, twice that of any other Chelsea player.
- Cesar Azpilicueta leads his side with an average of 4 successful tackles per game.
- David Luiz is averaging the most interceptions (3).
- Ramires commits the most fouls per game (2.3).
- John Terry leads his side in average clearances made per game (6).
- Willian creates more goal-scoring opportunities on average than any other Chelsea player (1.7).
- Frank Lampard has provided the most accurate crosses across the seven games (7 from 23 attempts).
- David Luiz has completed 39 of 50 attempted long-passes at an average of 9.8 per game, a team-high.
- Eden Hazard averages a team-high 4.8 successful dribbles per game.
- Hazard is also on average his side’s most-fouled player in the Champions League (3/game).
Free £25 bet for new users with William Hill.