Yes, he ‘runs funny’, but Jordan Henderson is having a really good season at Liverpool, and is almost unrecognisable from the tentative and limited player that first arrived from Sunderland.
Here’s a quick statistical comparison between last season and 2013/14 to-date:
- Scored 5 goals from 16 Premier League starts last season, but is yet to score from 12 starts this year.
- Has recorded 1 assist so far compared with his total of 4 in 12/13.
- Is currently completing 86.6% of his passes, down from 87.6%.
- Averaging a reduced 1.6 shots per game (2.1/game last season).
- Is winning more aerial duels per game (1.1 vs 0.7).
- Averaging almost three-times as many successful tackles per game (3.1 vs 1.2).
- Making marginally fewer interceptions per game (0.8 vs 1.1).
- Is creating more goal-scoring opportunities per game (1.5 vs 1.1).
- Averaging far more passes per game (53.7 vs 33).
- Is completing over double the amount of long-passes per game (3.5 vs 1.4).
- Has already completed more successful dribbles this season (8) than he managed in the whole of last (5).